Monday, June 16, 2008

Crème Fraîche Cupcakes- Part Quatorze

I think we all knew it was an inevitability. Will Gustwiller (moi), owner and head chocolatier of Eclipse Chocolat, King of Cocoa-nibs, and all-around crazy guy has finally topped a cupcake with his favorite and under-appreciated cacao bean. Does self-proclamations such as "king of cocoa-nibs" make one egotistical? I challenge you to look back at my blogging history and count the times that I've used these babies as a topping on something. Many of you have even told me (mostly via Internet review) that my obsession is played out. Yet, I come back to the nibs time and time again. If someone else should be bequeathed the title of "king" I'd love to meet 'em. Oh... the things we would chat about.

Two more and this makes 28. That's a lot of little cakes. Eight more to go in the next two weeks, and we will top out at 36 just in time for Cupcake Extravaganza Weekend, when much gluttony will be indulged in by all.

Interesting note: Cocoa Nib Mint is officially the darkest cupcake to date. Many of you have asked for a very dark chocolate cupcake, and I have delivered. It's so dark that when split in half for photo-purposes, it's just pretty much a shiny black surface from which no light escapes. Sort of a culinary black-hole. Enjoy!

Cocoa Nib Mint-Dark chocolate-crème fraîche cake+61% dark chocolate rosemary-mint filling+dark chocolate ganache glaze+cocoa nib.

Salty S'mores-Dark chocolate-crème fraîche cake+vanilla bean marshmallow filling+dark chocolate ganache glaze+maldon sea-salt+gingerbread crumb.

No comments: