Thursday, March 12, 2009

Small Chocolate Bars?

One of the trickiest aspects of fording the path for an artisan food company is dealing with the seasonality of the market. Thankfully, many of you out there are perfectly happy enjoying an exotic chocolate bar on a daily basis, but the reality of it all is that business experiences a sharp influx during the holiday months. Xmas and Vday, of course are the largest, and just like many other retailers, I find myself creating business plans that revolve around 4th quarter sales concepts. This of course extends to my product development and launching cycles.

So I've got two exciting things I'm cooking up (tempering up?) around the production kitchen these days. The first is a redevelopment of my Marshmallow Almond Rococo and Peanut Butter Toffee Rococo that will happen sometime this summer... more info on that when it comes around, but I promise that anyone who enjoys those will be thrilled with whats coming next! More pressing is the introduction of small chocolate bars!

I've actually been making 1oz chocolate bars for the past few years, but only as custom orders for a few local hotels. But the current economy what it is, many people seem to be asking for smaller bites of chocolate, and I am finally giving in to popular demand. The final bars will be one-third the size of the bigger beauties, and for $3 each. I'm hoping to offer them in our top six flavors and also packaged as a tasting set of all six for just $15. Fun, no?

Well this is where you all come in. While I certainly have my views on which flavors are my best, that certainly doesn't make them to all-around most popular. So take a look at the poll on the right margin over there and give us a vote. See it? Just to the right? Come on... give us your feedback and play a part in shaping the new Eclipse. It's only a few clicks away!

1 comment:

Rich Howard said...

I think this is a great idea, though I know how much more work it is for you. Looking forward to the tasting set to take to parties.

Go, Coconut Lime, GO!