Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Peanut Butter Toffee Rococo

Way back long ago (nearly one year, in fact!), I held a naming contest for a new concoction that became to be known as Marshmallow Almond Rococo. My Eclipsed version of your standard Rocky Road, my addition of cocoa nibs and Maldon Sea-salt made this old stand-by stand at attention. Since then, it has lived on the bottom shelf of my chocolate case, smartly dressed to impress in our Asian Take-out containers where it joined the other six confections in such packaging.

I've always considered creating one last treat in this format but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I stumbled onto the proper blend of flavors and textures.

Now I know many of you sometime doubt my cocoa-crazed mine, but seriously... after a critical tasting, how many times have I led you astray? I do, however, see many a scowl on some of these flavor pairings. But I'm telling you. Trust me.

So here's another one for the record books: 55% dark chocolate+Vanilla Bean Marshmallow+Peanut Butter Toffee+Maldon Sea Salt+... ... ... Corn Nuts? Yes, I'm telling you, yes! There's just something utterly decadant about the sutbly emulsive texture and nutty crunch of a corn nut. Especially in contrast with the smooth creaminess of couveture chocolate. I love it!

This one is officially deemed Peanut Butter Toffee Rococo. My wholesale merchandising contact, good friend, and all around cocoa-compadre Sean declares it his favorite Asian Take-out I have... and that's good enough for me.

So here it is comin' atcha. Take a look:

No comments: