Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Seasonal Truffles Part I

Well it's finally getting cold and San Diego and I, for one, am ready to take a trip to haul a cord of firewood back to my cozy little apartment down the street from the cafe. After all, what's a brisk evening in SD good for without cuddling in front of a warm fireplace? Add a few autumn-influenced chocolates to the scenario and you'll be all set.


Well look no further! I've been working on a few new tricks around the shop and I'm ready to share. With our Anniversary Weekend just days away, I'm excited to debut three new seasonal infusions in which you may indulge. Well technically only one is brand new, but the other two haven't been seen since this time last year, and that's new enough for me!

I meant to get this one out in time for Halloween, but somewhere between carving seven pumpkins and the myriad of other tasks between my personal and professional life in which to get lost, I didn't find the time until just now. But if you ask me, we are just coming up on Squash and Gourd season, so my Pumpkin Muscavado Truffle is just in time!

Packed with pumpkin puree, an assortment of holiday spices, and topped with Dark Muscavado sugar, this treat is one of my personal favorites for the fall. It's pretty much everything one could ask for in a great pumpkin pie, but stuffed into a dark chocolate truffle. We're serving it at our next Truffle and Wine Tasting Event this Wednesday in the cafe, and I've paired it with one of our new wines, a tawny port from Australia called Yalumba. It's got some serious butterscotch and caramel notes behind it and as such is a pretty natural combo next to the pumpkin flavors.

We should have this truffle at least through the end of Thanksgiving. Stop in and try one! Don't forget our Wine and Beer Happy Hour (4-7pm M-F) where any wine or beer purchase comes from a free truffle!

4 comments:

Jenne said...

This is such a fun blog--would you consider publishing the full text on the RSS feed? It makes it so much easier to read your posts that way...

Unknown said...

I second that motion!!

Owner, Eclipse Chocolat said...

Done and done!

Jenne said...

Hooray, thank you!