Monday, May 25, 2009

The Chocolate-Caramel Cheeseburger

I enjoy being a chocolatier. It's fun, sexy, and although I take a shower first thing when I get home to wash the aroma of chocolate from my body, I've yet to tire of making chocolate. I have to say though... the oddest thing of this profession is the regular attitude that I don't live the type of life that a normal person does. I still wake up each morning to distastefully hit the snooze button before pulling myself out of bed and into work. Same as you, no? But somehow a lot of people associate this "glamorous" career more closely to celebrity than not. I assure you that my life is pretty normal.

Then again... maybe not. When Ray goes into work carrying his little Gladware container filled with a dinner that he and I enjoyed the previous evening, he is inevitably swarmed by those "hens" of workplace asking in jelously facitious voices: "What did YOU eat for dinner?". So yes, if there is one way in which my life is more exciting than the average it would be in the realm of what I eat for dinner. Especially with an exotic chocolate-dinner at the cafe each month each demanding it's own , I end up eatting a lot of fantastically crazy food.


So I guess this is where all the glamour lies, no? While you are enjoying your Memorial Day bar-b-qued goodies, take a moment to sneak a peak as to what we are enjoying: The Chocolate Caramel Cheeseburger! Go on... take a look:




What's that monstrocity you ask???? Well it begins with an all beef hamburger set upon pan-toasted Squaw Bread (think whole-grain Pumpernickle), is accompanied with Tarragon Honey Mustard and fresh butter lettuce and tomato, and ends topped with our famous Chocolate-glazed Bacon and warm Gjetost cheese (a caramelized goat whey from Norway!). It's pretty much everything you want a juicy hamburger to be but have been too afraid to ask! And you can enjoy it, too. Take a look at our upcoming June dinner:

For just $25 per person, each guest can attend our Exotic Chocolate Bar-B-Que on Saturday June 20th. We have seatings at 11am, 1, 4, 6, and 8pm, but we still expect it to sell out, so call the cafe ASAP to RSVP! Here's what you will be eatting:

Chile-Roasted Corn on the Cobb with Cocoa-Nib Infused Butter

Chocolate Caramel Cheeseburger with Cocoa-glazed Bacon and Gjetost Cheese, Served with Rosemary Potato Wedges

Cherry Vanilla Bean Buckle with White Chocolate Biscuit Topping and Vanilla Gelato


For our veggie friends we are offering a Gjetost, Tomato, and Tarragon Honey Mustard Panini in lieu of the burger!

There's also an optional start of:

Tangy Buffalo Wing with Dipping Sauce Trio (Tarragon Honey Mustard, Blue Cheese Balsamic, and Chile Burnt Caramel!)

Hope to see all you gluttons there!

1 comment:

J-Unit said...

Man that burger looks awesome. How do you go about either making or ordering the cocoa-glazed bacon.

Justin