Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lavender Sea-salted Caramel

Wow! 63 posts. Looking back on the first nine months of blogging, I can't believe that I've yet to mention some of my signature infusions. It's about time.

Most definitely my most popular infusion, Lavender Sea-Salted Caramel is also one of my most complex. Not to say that you need to be a sommelier to appreciate it, but it certainly has some subtle nuances to explore. Made from smoky burnt-caramel and 61% dark chocolate ganache, each truffle is hand rolled and dipped in 36% milk chocolate and topped with our house-made lavender-herbed grey sea salt. Quite a mouthful! While some of these flavors are more profound than others, the overall experience is very dynamic with each flavor hitting your palate at a different time.

Enjoy our signiture truffle in a box by themselves or design your own assortment of different exotic infusions; they are perfect for a picnic in the park, romantic evening for two, or as a hostess gift.
-

1 comment:

lick-a-plate said...

I realize this is one of your older posts, but I just had to comment on the Lavender Sea-salt Caramel that I had at the wine and food festival! It was truly amazing and I can't wait to pair it with the Stone IPA. Great meeting you and I'll be in before the holidays. I wrote a bit about the truffle on my blog if you would like to check it out. Thanks!

http://lick-a-plate.blogspot.com/2009/11/san-diego-bay-wine-food-festival-my-3rd.html